The Goa International Travel Mart (GITM) 2019 concluded on Friday, October 25, 2019, with Goa’s Honorable Chief Minister, Dr. Pramod Sawant, ensuring investor support in the tourism sector and further supporting the push to establish Goa as a Medical Tourism Destination.
Dr. Sawant, who inaugurated Goa International Travel Mart 2019 at Arpora on Wednesday 23 October 2019, visited the GITM exhibition on Friday evening and interacted with several of the tourism stakeholders involved in the prestigious B2B activity in Goa.
During the two-day GITM 2019 exhibition at Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium, several business seminars were conducted by participants including Mr. Chiraj Goel of MakeMyTrip & Goibibo, whiskey and wine tasting sessions, and a medical tourism conference was held participated by the medical fraternity in Goa.
For more than 100 customers, GITM 2019 Familiarization Tours (FAM Tours) have been arranged to discover and witness the appeal of Goa and other facets, including adventure tourism. The event was documented by international media from 25 different media houses and about 36 domestic travel media in addition to local media.
The Goa International Travel Mart key goal is to increase the overall size of Goa’s tourism industry. The event will put together foreign professionals who are searching for new ways to make Goa a perfect destination and get first-hand access to different destination tourism services that will help add more days to the itineraries.
Major national and state trade and hospitality associations including the Indian Association of Domestic Tour Operators (ADTOI), India Association of Adventure Tour Operators (ATOAI), India Association of Tour Operators (IATO), India Association of Travel Agents (TAAI), India Association of Enterprise Agents (ETAA), Indian Travel and Tourism Association (IATO), Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI), Enterprising Agents Association of India (ETAA), Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG), etc are among the many supporting the event.
For several of the Goan participants, the event was a great success and offered a rare opportunity to present some of the best hospitality services to travel agents and tour operators from around the world. This event would help create an eco-system networking to focus on developing business opportunities with Indian and international travel trade.
The event attracted participation from various parts of Goa, making it the state’s largest stakeholder congregation. The event presented ways of bringing together the State Hospitality and Tourism Industry and to present our diverse products to a global audience. The event brought attention to the state and had received Buyers ‘ commitments to include more state goods in their itineraries.
Goa International Travel Mart Key Features:
● One of India’s Biggest Hosted Buyer Travel-Event.
● The event was supported by the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
● Organized as a pure B2B event, the event generated over 10,000 Appointments between our stakeholders and travel partners from around the world.
● Over 15 different tourism segments: World Heritage Sites, Adventure & Wildlife, Business Travel and Hotels, Conference and Meetings, Pilgrimages, Festivals of Goa etc
● 100 Exhibitors representing various products of Goa such as Luxury Hospitality Products, Homestays, Casinos and Gaming destinations, Whiskey and Wine Trails, Destination Management Companies, Adventure products such as water sports and Scuba Diving, Festivals of Goa, etc.
● Deltin Group, Taj Hotels, Marriott, Le Meridien Goa – Calangute and DoubleTree Hilton – Panaji was the Hospitality Partners for the Event.
● The three-day event showcased the flavours of Goa prepared by renowned chefs delighting the Buyers and media alike.
The GITM concluded on a grand note with the award winners as follows: the Best Boutique Stall awarded to The Postcard Hotel, the Best Conceptualized Stall awarded to Planet Hollywood Beach Resort, the Best Decorated Stall awarded to Bambolim Beach Resort, the Best Eco Friendly Stall awarded to Concord Exotic Voyages and the Best Show Stall awarded to The Zuri White Sands Goa Resort.