#TravelMail ( #www.travelmail.in ) #TravelNews #TourismNews #DailyNews #BreakingNews
Mumbai: Cheaper flight tickets, a burst of budget hotel deals and the stable rupee are the key factors that have driven the destination choices of Indian travellers this festive season. A survey conducted amongst 5098 respondents by Yatra.com, one of India’s leading online travel portals highlights the outlook of Indian travelers planning their vacations this season. The survey reveals that an overwhelming 66% of respondents are planning to travel during the festival season, leveraging the long weekends over Diwali and Dussehra.
Travelers are looking at these weekends as the opportunity to escape from their monotonous city schedules to indulge in short getaways. While the hill stations and Goa have been highlighted as top choices amongst domestic destinations, Europe and Thailand top the list of most favored international destinations. One of the key findings of the survey is an emerging trend of luxury travel. The rupee stability has allowed a swooping 22.6 per cent to increase their spending capacity to spend above Rs. 50,000 per person on travel. Though most of the travelers are spending time and money planning an international vacation, travelers are also embarking on domestic travel for shorter trips which are considerably more affordable.
Another key observation derived out of the survey was about Indian travelers preferring to travel with their families during festivals with 47.4% choosing to do this.
The trend of booking in advance continues be on rise with a whopping number of 68% people booking more than 15 days prior to their travel date. The data suggests desktops and mobile to be the preferred medium of booking and showcases a steep decline in demand for travel agents with the number being a mere 10.6%. Also, more than 60% of the travellers prefer credit card as the mode of payment.
This year has been about budget accommodation and the survey brought forth similar facts. Budget Hotels were the obvious choice of accommodation with 47.8% percent opting for it. However, there are also 32% of respondents who chose to opt for 4/5 star luxury properties.
Commenting on the findings from the survey, Sharat Dhall, President, Yatra.com says,“Vacationing in the festive months seems to have become the norm amongst Indian travellers. With Durga Puja, Navratri, Dussehra and Diwali on the horizon, we have observed an increase in leisure travel, reflected by improvement in passenger loads on flights to beach and hill destinations. With respect to international travel, the stability of the rupee has provided an impetus for travellers to plan trips abroad. Destinations like Europe and Thailand continue to attract the bulk of tourists from across the country. Dubai, Singapore, Mauritius and U.S.A. are some other destinations that have seen excellent traction over past few weeks.”
One of the interesting findings of the survey was; Ae Dil Hai Mushkil & M.S. Dhoni are the most awaited movies releasing this festive season.
- 30.6% of respondents are looking to travel internationally driven by the stable rupee
- Europe and Thailand come forward as choices in top international destinations this season
- 47.8% vacation goers are looking to stay in Budget Hotels during their vacation
- Finding reveals that desktops make up 59% of the bookings, followed by mobile at 30% and travel agents at 11%
- Around 45% are looking to travel with their friends
- More than 69% people are looking to travel for more than a week during the season
- 32% of the respondents said that their budget per person lies between INR 10,000 and INR 25,000
- ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ & ‘M.S. Dhoni’ are the most awaited movies releasing this festive season
- Kaju Barfi & Gulab Jamun are among the most favorite sweets for this festive season.